Monday, 26 September 2011
12:46 | Posted by Anita ♦³ | | Edit Post
Do your sims love the skin their in? Do I hear a no? Well pack up your troubles and look no further for a solution! New Luxury Skin not only transforms your sims in to good looking hot potatoes, but provides ultimate comfort for your sims, no more itching guaranteed or your Simoleans back! It smells like candy too!! Smooth, silky with a natural luminous non-greasy shine, a perfect 'sorry I tortured you' gift to make up with your sims.
Creator's Notes: I've been working on these skins for a while now, months in fact but I really enjoyed drawing every last detail. I was working with adding subtle light areas to the skin so I could achieve smooth facial highlights and create form. I created this skin for me, I don't really love most of the other skins I and others have made, so this skin is what I want for my game, I want realism, that's what I like. The last skin I did was real but after some feedback on my blog I found a lot of areas to improve on (Thanks lovelies for all your feedback - big kisses to you all). I think that this is more perfected and I must say I really love it! I know you all have different tastes so I can only hope you like it too and maybe even have room for it in your games *.* I was going to upload to MTS but too many restrictions and waiting time, if I find time I'll try sharing there again. Okay, this skin is a little different in the was that it was made, I didn't start of by using EA's skin base diffuse map, I just imported the UV map, and completely from scratch with no base made this skin which is why it took so long to make, even the male bodies were re-made twice in the end I got rid of the base I used on that. With some custom brushes in Photoshop I blended different gradients of one skin colour and added many layers to build up the map. Everything is perfectly symmetrical because I worked on half the skin and the flipped it for the other side. I will do a skin tutorial for you all soon, I'll show you the techniques I used and how I used different brushes to create realistic pores. I've drawn on many facial details and body details which I will describe below:
- subtle realistic Pores that do not stretch
- Dark nostrils - completely black
- Face light -forehead/nose/chin/ 1/4 cheeks on both sides
- eyebrow area shadow
- eyelid detail including shading
- I've drawn on tear ducts
- shading on eye bags
- I have drawn on the philtrum
- I've added nose detail, mostly around the nose tip it's more defined now
- Lip creases for realism
- Light lips to match skin tone - not too pink though
- Soft Jaw line - neck line Shading
- I added knees and elbows
- I've drawn on the collar bone (it's the same shape as the EA one but is more longer and tilted)
- Breast Shading and light - more cleavage for females (it looks good on smaller breasted sims too) and added nipples
- ribcage detail
- stomach light
- I've drawn on a detailed navel and the stomach dip
- legs and arms have shading and light
- Very realistic new ears - when used with ear sliders, the texture doesn't stretch awkwardly
- faint veins on male arms
- I've drawn on the spine on the back
- I've drawn on shoulder Blades
- more contoured and curved/rounder Butt with shading and light for realism
- 8 tone ramps for the non default version, 5 of which are realistic human skin tones ranging from pale to dark
- Desaturated skins for realism
- no wrinkles for elders - younger looking skin
- Fully compatible with the latest game version and all sliders. made with latest version of skininator
- 'Barbie' from waist down.
Non Default (ND): If you want the ND version then download the package titled 'CapitalSims_LuxurySkinNonDefault' , this will not replace EA Skin, there are 8 tone ramps all together 5 are human skin tones (Pale, fair, Tan, medium and dark) and 3 are fantasy colours (green, blue and pinkish-purplish-red) use the scroll wheel on your mouse to scroll through the tone ramps. you can download the non defaults and the defaults together if you want they will not conflict as they have different instances. If you only want one then I would recommend the non defaults because it contains more skin tone ramps and is more realistic compared to the EA tone ramps.
Default: This will replace the EA skin, so make sure you do not have any other default replacement skins because you can only have one default replacement. If you want the default replacements then download the package called 'CapitalSims_LuxurySkinDefaultReplacement'. Remember you can download all the downloads attached, so you can have the non defaults and the defaults together if you want.
For skins to work properly delete the file called simCompositorCache.package in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 before installing and using the skin.
A HUGE thank you to CmarNYC for her incredible work on skins, and on the fabulous Skininator and for helping me out with shine flags a while back.
UPDATED! FIXED EYE BAG ISSUE!
Custom Content Credits:
- Hair by Newsea/TumTum/EA Store/Nouk (converted to TS3)/PeggyZone
- Eyebrows by Jessica2020/Heiret/TSR
- Eyes by me (unreleased)/LemonLeaf
- Clothes by EA store
- Accessories by LemonLeaf/ Aikea guinea
- CmarNYC for the skininator
- Peter & Inge Jones for S3pe